We are grateful to our volunteers on Second Chance Ranch. Many of the jobs are not too glamorous, like mucking stalls, sweeping, raking and washing brushes or filling water buckets, but all of these jobs are important on the farm for the well being of our pets. Because our volunteers play such a key role, we have certain requirements that must be met to volunteer at the farm.
- Volunteers must be 16 years or older and capable of working independently.
- Volunteers must sign up for a time that is convenient for them and consistently show up at that scheduled time. If you are not able to make your shift, you must notify us as soon as possible. We do not do drop in shifts.
- Please do not bring friends to your shift unless you have notified us first.
- We will have a list of preferred jobs for you to do that day. Please let us know if you were unable to complete any of the tasks so that we can make sure that we get that job done at another time.
- Volunteers MUST make sure all gates are secured before they leave!
- Please put all your buckets, brushes and tools away before you leave and shut the half door in the barn. Always sweep the entrance and interior of the barn before you leave so it looks nice for the next group or visitors.
- Each volunteer will be given a hands-on orientation of the farm and the jobs before they start their first shift.
- Volunteers should obey and enforce the barn rules if they see violators. You are responsible for the safety and well-being of the animals while you are on your shift.